Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 May 2012

To My Golden Torch.




Through the ages of darkness, you lit my way
And helped me dispel the delusions away.
You helped me discover my inner strength,
When chaos and gullibility shrouded all my length.

When like a sluggish pupa, I struggled to move forward,
You helped me nurture a colourful wing to fly upward.
When due to bewilderment I paused for long,
Up the steep ladder, you pulled me along.

For me, you solved the puzzles from text books,
And cleared the blurs of distant looks.
You showered me with limitless values,
That helped me proceed towards wide avenues.

If not for your selfless acts so dynamic,
My life would have remained static.
With immense debt of gratitude,
Whole heartedly I thank you beyond amplitude.

Happy Teachers Day. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! A wonderful poem bro. While you came out with such amazing rhymes, you didn't lose out on expressing what you wanted to say to the teachers. Really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Langa.

    ReplyDelete