Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Crossing the Hurdles- BCSE 2012 Results.


When the dawn of 30th November 2012 cracked, my mind was filled with anxiety yet I was excited and this might be a sensation which many of my peers felt because that was the day, when BCSE 2012 result was to be announced. For over 16 years of endeavour in academics, quite a number of Bhutanese youths finally graduates from colleges within and universities abroad in 2012. However, the degree certificate, be it a colourful A grade or a meager C grade, it only served as a license to write the Bhutan Civil Service Examination, the most premiere examination in the country to land a job in civil service. And after clearing all the due procedures, some 1078 graduates appeared for the main exams in October from the 2397 who wrote the preliminary exam in August, to contest for 596 prioritized vacancies. So finally, that day of 30th November came a couple of days ago.

The performance of general graduates of 2011 was little better than that of this years. This year, the topper, a BBA graduate from Gaeddu College secured only 68.33% as compared to that of 2011 topper who secured 75.5%. Kuensel has announced the toppers from three categories of the BSCE 2012, viz.., PGDFM, PGDPA, and PGDE but not that of Dzongkha and Technical category. This earned some comments on kuenselonline where one reads as follows;

We really want to see the real toppers.  No matter what are the category Under gone for examination the highest % of overall must be the real topper. One should be best in their own trade and the one who wins with highest % must have worked hard and he/she deserve to be topper.”

So upon reflecting on the marks obtained by Technical category, I found that a Traditional Medicine graduate topped the technical category with 73.12%, followed by Forestry graduates with 72.92% and 72.25% in second and third positions.

Regarding the Dzongkha graduates, there were only six who sat for main exams to contest for the 61 vacancies, and the toppers in the category have scored 73.94%, 67.24%, and 65.67% for the first, second and third positions respectively.

Therefore, if we were to declare the toppers of BCSE 2012 and not the toppers of separate categories, the top five positions would be as follows;


However, the fact that only the toppers of General Category are declared by the RCSC and not those of Technical Category, is also a point as there are hundreds of graduates competing for limited vacancies by answering to same question paper. In the Technical Category, we have only one paper in common and the two are different for graduates specializing in different professions. Besides many technical graduates are those who obtained scholarships abroad after class twelve so in many fields, the ratio of graduates to vacancies are nearly equal. Nonetheless, we should keep in mind that at the end of the day, it is hard work that is paid off well. Even some MBBS and Civil Engineers didn’t obtain the required 50% to join civil service.

Regarding my result, I was overwhelmed and wordless. During the Preliminary Exams, at 81% I was extremely happy, but was worried how well I could perform in the mains and now with 72.25% in the mains, I was on top of the world. I felt, some weakness in myviva but 14.24 out of 20, I now feel it is OK. Of course, getting a pass mark of 50% is enough for us to land a job but better rank offers better preference during placement so by virtue of fate or by virtue of my own efforts, I can live by my choice.

For a time being, series of exams has come to an end but awaited in queue are TOEFL test or so, but lying ahead is Tsa-Wa-Sum as Department of Forests and Park Services, Ministry of Agriculture and Forests is one step closer. Thank You almighty for all the blessings, teachers for all the faith and guidance, peers and relatives for all the good wishes and warm cheers. :) .
courtesy: linked.

Thanks for the congratulatory calls and messages as well and I also congratulate all those who made through in the BSCE 2012. For those who are not through, may you discover better arenas to work and serve. I too wish all my readers a successful life ahead. 


11 comments:

  1. Congrats Lethro! Your new life has just begun. And I wish you all the luck of world for life ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartiest congratulations Leythro and best wishes ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a success, you truly deserved. It is an achievement you have truly earned. I congratulate you on your success and wish you all the best for your future. Well done bro... keep the spirit alive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...congratulations!!!! MAY YOU SERVE THE TSA-WA-SUM with utmost dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, you made us so proud. Your mark is better than the topper RCSC declared and by right you are the Number 4 in 2012 Bhutan, a big reason to Celebrate. Tashi Delek from me and BajoHSS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and Tashi Delek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hearty congratulations once again, bro. You deserve it and on the way to your results, you made many people proud and happy. Many people indeed and not to forget your blogger friends! hehe. I am happy for you. I would like to wish you more success in the future too. I also feel that whatever the category of exams we sit in, the ranking and declaration of toppers should include all the categories and not just some. After all all the exam needs so much effort and everybody works hard to get what they achieve at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Bro.... TASHI DELEK YOE MAE

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulation bro. Great to see you in the toplist. wishing you many such achievements in future as well! Trashe dellek!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulation brother. Keep excelling.... I am happy for u.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am deeply touched by your compliments, my blogger friends. Thank you very much.
    @ Rikku sir, as well begun is said to be half done, I am hoping for a better days ahead.
    @ Qinza sir: Thank you and I too admire your arts.
    @ Dorjay RP: Your constant encouragement helped me a lot and looking for more.
    @ Nobu: Extremely thankful,
    @ Langa: One of the best blogger friend, you have been guiding me throughout one way or the other, thanks you.
    @ Karma Yedzer: I pledge to serve the Tsa wa sum with my best ability.
    @ Passu sir: Glad that I could uphold the image of my school since my passing 12 in 2007. You are also one source of inspiration for me.
    @ Dawa: Kadren shentu chesong. :)
    @ Pema: Thanks a lot for your best wishes for my future as well.
    @ Jam tsho: Thanks and I will keep flowing.

    ReplyDelete